Monday, January 16, 2017

Affirmation

I'm here in Carrefour with Thamar. We talk and she tells me how worried she was for me. We visit Poppyseed (Dad) at the hotel and from there we leave for a sweet little bakery. It is Thamar's favorite place so we get little things to celebrate. I am ready to go back to Jeremie. I am already missing my peaceful mountainside. It is wonderful to see Thamar though. She calls me her Solda (soldier) and has me help her with little things. I sit with Poppyseed in a lounge area at a hotel. He asks me how many leaders I met with the first night I spoke with them. I take a second to recount them in my mind. 12. There were 12. Poppyseed then reminds me of a dream I had had about a week before I came to Haiti. The dream had woken me up in the morning and I felt so strongly about it that I had immediately called my mom and dad to tell them my dream.

In my dream I had walked outside of Native's house where 12 large black wolves sat in a circle. The leader of the wolves came and spoke to me and she said, “If you want to run with us you’re going to have to leave your knife.” I said, “How do I know I can trust you? How do I know you will not kill me in the woods?” She said, “You’re just going to have to trust us.” I pondered it for a moment and went back in the house to leave my knife. It was a knife I had bought in Alaska this summer while visiting my Aunt Heidi. I returned to the outdoors and started running with them through the woods. As I ran with them I became a wolf. What is so incredible about this dream is this; When I was going to meet with the leaders I had my knife with me and Justa told me to leave it so they would know I trust them. I arrive at the meeting and there are 12 in the group. One of the main leaders is a woman and she is the one who came to speak with me as soon as I walked in. She told me I was just going to have to trust them. I ended up running with them and therefore became one of them. My dream came to pass. Powerful. After Poppyseed made the connection I realized it was God's way of telling me, God's way of reminding me that He is with me. He knows the past the present and the future. He knew what was going to happen. He gave me affirmation through the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment