Saturday, January 7, 2017

"Call Upon Me in Your Time of Trouble."

What a day it has been. We locked the gate and the doors. I am not allowed near the windows. I have been inside all day. The rioters are kidnapping blan (white people). They say since the blan kidnapped their senator they will kidnap the blan. 


They ransacked La Caban where a group of blan were staying, but the blan had enough time to have a helicopter evacuate them. They went though the whole hotel. They also went to an orphanage where they knew blan were staying and stole suitcases and passports. The blan had already left. 


I will stay here until it gets dark. The hours are passing slowly. The rioters and kidnappers are close. The next street over. I can hear them. I can hear their yelling and chanting. We shall see. I am not afraid. Not in the least. My cousin Abby sent me a verse "Call upon me in your time of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me."--Psalm 50:15 She told me to remind Him of His promises. I am thankful for family that rocks. God's got my back. It'll be fine :) My boots are on and ready. I have a bag packed. My knife is in my sock so I can reach down and grab it if need be. Tonight I will sneak out the back and through the trees. What's left of them anyway. I will cross the street and have Mackenzy pick be up on his bike go to Justas house. We will take a back road. The air is tense. Everyone talks quietly. Everyone has a plan. Everyone has an idea. Everyone is helpful. Everyone wants to help me hide and protect me. The man that hauls water up the mountain for Dieudonne came to the gate and said "We love you. We don't want you to be afraid. We will protect you. You have helped us and now we will help you." It is a powerful feeling to have people stand behind you. To care enough about you to want to protect you and be there for you. The sun is almost set and I am preparing my things. Mackenzy will come and he will help me decide what I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment