Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Flight to Jeremie

Take off. The take off was smooth and we are over the ocean. I have such a deep sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I couldn't eat breakfast this morning, but I was able to drink some coffee and juice. 21 minutes away. My feet are sweating and tingling. My heart is pounding. Port Au Prince was a different story with the earthquake. It was terrible, but it wasn't my home, just a part of this country that I love so much. Jeremie is home. I will be strong. I am brave. I am tough.

We will be landing soon. I am sick with nerves. I've never felt like this in all my life. 15 minutes.

10 minutes. Going through a few clouds, but not too much turbulence. Jon and Poppyseed make jokes and it helps me. 5 minutes. My heart is pounding. I write because I don't know what else to do. 

-- Kate Bartow

No comments:

Post a Comment