Friday, October 14, 2016

Delivering Food

Found a truck and food. Things that would take an hour in the
Jacques and me trying to fit all the food.
Those boxes are full of rice. Heavy load.
states take days here. Everything takes time. So much time. What I would give to have my big truck (Peaches) here. We are hauling loads of supplies on the back of Judelin and Jacques' motorcycles.













Pastor Mark from Mission of Hope said they could give me a few things so up the mountain we went to get it. They gave us water purification tablets!! Thank you Jesus! Thank you Mission of Hope. We thought we would be able to carry it all on the bike like good Haitians. We crashed. We tried again and were doing ok but Judelin found us on the road and took half of our load. Thank goodness because we wouldn't have made it. Successful day. Tomorrow we leave at 5 am to sneak food.  

I am so thankful for my friends here. Everyone is working together to make a successful team. Judelin and Jacques rock. Good news ladies! Judelin is single ;) Mama Clanide made me some tea this morning out of lemongrass and mint. It was amazing. I haven't eaten anything today but I feel strong. God is giving me strength. 

Back at the house and writing. Writing helps me more than anything. I am thankful for the encouragement from my boss back in the states to write. If he hadn't been so encouraging after reading my writing, I wouldn't have made this blog.

Visiting the poorest of the poor in the ghetto. Bandaging the physical wounds and wishing I could heal the emotional. Ragged clothes hang on their skeletal bodies. Big brown eyes stare at me. Mothers hold their children up for me to take. Children grab my hands and beg me for something, anything. When the rain falls, as it has every night, their homes are full of mud.

My receipt for some of the
food.
The man who sold me beans ties the top
of the sack for me so we can carry it on
the moto.



1 comment: