Friday, October 14, 2016

Good News

"Haiti is a game and you have to know how to play it." - Judelin


There is a single tree still standing in Papa Dieudonne's yard. It was completely bare when I first arrived. This morning Clanide looks it and says, "you see this? This is hope." The tree is covered in the most beautiful bright green buds. This is hope.
New buds on the tree.

Mama Clanide and me.

















Boy cleaning the yard.
...

A woman hung herself yesterday because she couldn't find food or water to feed her family. This is real life. This is what the news has forgotten. Don't forget. 
...

Monique working hard washing clothes.
Renting a truck today. If I can't get food from the food drops I will buy it in the market. More news to come. 
...

I started to get overwhelmed this morning. I can't do enough. I can't do enough. I'm just a drop in the ocean. I can't forget that I'm a drop in the ocean and every drop makes up the ocean. Do what I can with the funds that I have. Thank you everyone. Thank you. You're saving lives. You're saving lives. I am discouraged, but I am trying. Standing on the roof with Jacques after bagging charcoal. My arms and neck and legs are black and Jacques' are blacker. We stand in the rain and wash our legs and arms with the rain water from the roof. I'm still filthy but feel better. I love the rain. Plants will grow. Food will come. 

Jacques on the roof in the rain.




Brunel and me.
Oh my gosh!! God works in AMAZING AMAZING WAYS!! I enter the western union to get the wonderful funds from you and a man is in here arranging everything and it appears he is the manager. We start talking and he asks me how I speak kreyol like a Haitian and I tell him it's because I have Haitian blood in me. We continue to talk and it turns out he knows my family!! He was close friends with my great grandpa and grandma and my grandma. He puts me on the phone with a cousin of mine. It's amazing. I am shaking. He brings a woman in the other room and he tells her I am the granddaughter of Primrose (my grandma) She starts to tear up and says that Prim was her best friend and she even went to visit her in Indiana!! I am amazed. His name is Brunel and he is a huge HUGE deal in Jeremie. There is not a person that doesn't know who he is. He says he has a depot for me to keep the food. A place where I can buy the food cheap and he is providing a truck for me to do food drops. PRAISE THE LORD!! God is so good. Wow. I am now waiting for the funds in the western union. 
...

I am in Brunel's home with this precious Yvrose and we talk about my family. He looks at me and says "you will never have a problem again and anything you need I will get you." Yes. Thank you Jesus.
One of my closest friends, Mackenzy, wearing a necklace with my verse on it!



1 comment:

  1. Praise God!! HE is so faithful! HE is a rewarder of those that diligently seek HIM. HE'S an on time GOD! When you were feeling discouraged God chose the perfect time to give you encouragement.

    ReplyDelete