Thursday, October 13, 2016

Peaceful Chaos

Cleaned a little boys (Jean) ear infection again today. When my brothers or I had ear infections when we were kids, mom put garlic in our ears with duct tape over it. Seeing as I have no antibiotics for an ear infection, I did the same. It's been 3 days since I started treating it and it's finally starting to get better. Bandaged more wounds. Found a Pastor Mark with Mission of Hope who has containers of food being shipped in. He was super cool and helpful. I am hoping to get his contacts for shipment and we can start shipping in building supplies. He is going to call me when more food comes in and I will be renting a truck to go distribute it into the areas that may not get seen otherwise. I am greatly encouraged by everything today. Jacques says he wants to do a mobile clinic this evening. In other words, have me walk around in mountains bandaging wounds. I am not changing the world but I am doing what I can. All my friends here are amazing and have been so helpful. Everyone works on each other's homes and shares what they have. It is a peaceful chaos.
The house my grandma grew up in. I was always so happy to see it. It will be hard for my mom and her sisters to see it like this. I had hoped to buy it someday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to imagine what I would feel if that was my home, I still have a hard time getting my head around it.

    ReplyDelete